Certified interpreters need to obtain 3 Interpreter CEUs in order to maintain their National Board certification within 5 years (30 hours of continuing education) for re-certification purposes.
To archive CEU Certificates under your IMIA Membership profile:
1. Go to Certificate Upload page, click HERE
2. Log in using your email address and password
3. Upload IMIA Approved CEU Certificates in the top section- browse for the PDF file version of the certificate you
would like to upload, and then type in a name for it in the “Event or workshop name” field. You may upload up to 5
IMIA Event certificates
4. Upload Other Educational/Language-Related Certificates in the bottom section.
5. IMPORTANT! Make sure you click on the SAVE button at the bottom of the Upload Certificates page or your
documents will not be uploaded. Once uploaded, these documents will appear as part of your profile.
To fulfill your CEU requirements:
1. Go to the Training directory, click HERE
2. Select your "State" for offerings in your area
3. Click the option for "Only show training notices with IMIA CEUs"
4. Obtain certificate of attendance upon completion of the training
CEU Certificates of IMIA-held training/event are not archived by staff, so be sure to safely keep the certificates for your own
record from the time they are issued. To reorder an IMIA-issued CEU certificate, please provide
the date and title of workshop completed ($10 apiece).
- The workshop you attended is actually offering Interpreter CEUs*
- You remain present during the entire duration of the workshop.
- You receive a certificate of attendance for the continuing education workshop you attended that states that it offers
IMIA CEUs from the training organization.
- The certificates of attendance or completion will list the total number of CEUs based on the total hours of the learning
*If the workshop you attended does not offer it please let them know about the IMIA CEU Program. Training providers can apply retroactively for IMIA CEUs up to 2 year after the training is given (http://imiaweb.org/education/training-form.asp)
Other items you can upload to the profile:
* Upload Your Resume at http://www.imiaweb.org/members/Uploadresume.asp
* Add Your Certification and Credentials to your profile at http://www.imiaweb.org/members/profile.asp
* You can even upload your professional photo!
Don’t let your membership profile fall out of date - go to http://www.imiaweb.org/members/profile.asp NOW to make sure all your information is current!
RID certified click HERE
CCHI certified click HERE
National Board click HERE
© 2020, International Medical Interpreters Association
Find us online: