Welcome to the Oregon Chapter of the IMIA. The IMIA's goal is for all IMIA Chapters to flourish to meet all the needs of the members of each region. While the IMIA is international it believes in the 'Think Global, Act Local' motto. We will have periodic conference calls to allow members in this region to network and find ways to advance the profession together in the region. Please email your representative with ideas, issues, and topics that you think should be discussed. The IMIA believes that organizing an IMIA Symposium each year in each state should be a key goal of the Chapter. If you are willing to volunteer to assist, please let your representative know.
Save the date!
IMIA Regional Conference
"Provision of Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services during Emergencies"
Hosted by: Oregon Health Authority, Health Security, Preparedness, and Response
Location: 800 NE Oregon Street, Portland, OR 97292, Conference Room 1 A.
November 1, 2019
To find or post medical interpreting conferences or events in Oregon go to:
To find or post trainings and workshops in Oregon go to:
To find IMIA members in Oregon go to:
To find IMIA Corporate members in Oregon go to:
To be listed in the IMIA Interpreter Registry go to:
OREGON INFORMATION & RESOURCES
Oregon Health Care Interpreters Association
Oregon Health Care Interpreter Program Overview
Office of Multicultural Health and Services
Health Care Interpreters Council
Office of Multicultural Health 2009-2010 Annual Report
Oregon Law on Medical Interpreting
This Society includes translators as well as court and medical interpreters
Language Access: United States Department of Justice Language Access informative presentation, please click on the link below to view.
State Chapter Chair and Vice Chair Positions Vacant
- To represent the IMIA members in the division/committee
- To promote the profession and the IMIA organization to their division/committee members
- Act as a liaison between the IMIA committee/division members with the IMIA Board of Directors
- Moderate periodic conference calls with members of their division/committee (could be monthly, bimonthly or quarterly)
- To attend periodic IMIA Chairpersons meetings via conference call
- To moderate our yearly Division/Committee face-to-face meeting at IMIA conference or designate an adequate moderator
- To agree to a term of three years concurrent with Board elections
- Update the specific division/committee webpage on IMIA website with information relevant to the initiatives of that division/committee interests
- Other initiatives as deemed necessary for the specific needs of each committee/division
- Chairpersons receive mentoring, assistance, and support to accomplish their goals, by counting on a Chairperson Liaison and also by the Executive Director and the Administrator of the IMIA
Responsibilities of Vice-Chair:
- To assist the chair in all the tasks listed for chair as required, including chairing a meeting for the chapter should the chair not be able to attend.
- To assume the duties of the Chairperson when the chairperson is not present or available
- To apply for the chairperson position when the chairperson ends their term
Qualifications: Same as Chair
To Apply Please See Requirements for IMIA Representation:
Only one letter of recommendation is required for vice-chairs, not two.
© 2019, International Medical Interpreters Association
Find us online: