The IMIA relies on its members to advance the profession. We have always been a grassroots organization that believes each person can make a difference.
Please see the different committees you can join below.
Interested in Chairing or Vice Chairing a Committee? Please read:
Requirements for IMIA Representation
IMIA Requirements to Apply for Leadership
The following committees need your help:
Events Committee - Visit Page
- Call for papers, speaker selection and interface
- Selection of venue, space and catering
- Vendor selection and interface (includes audiovisual, printer, registration, handouts, etc.)
- Organization of all aspects of conference
- This committee is very active from May to November.
Contact the Chair of the Events Committee at email@example.com.
Education Committee - Visit Page
- Development of compendium of medical interpreter educational programs
- Promotion of continuing education for medical interpreters
- Organization of CEU system for IMIA members
- Development of IMIA Accreditation Guidelines for educational institutions
- Development of client education materials
Contact the Chair of the Education Committee at Education@imiaweb.org.
Ethics Committee - Visit Page
- Development of IMIA Ethics Pledge for all members to sign
- Organization of ethics-based discussion groups
- Structuring of ethical violations complaint process
Contact the Chair of the Ethics Committee at Ethics@imiaweb.org.
Medical Terminology Committee - Visit Page
- Promote Professional Terminology Standards
- Work with international medical terminology project
- Promote medical terminology online sources for interpreters
- Develop standards for medical terminology education for medical interpreters
Contact the Chair of the Medical Terminology Committee at MedicalTerminology@imiaweb.org.
Nominations and Governance Committee
- Oversee the nominations for IMIA leaders
- Oversee the elections for the IMIA Executive Board
- Seek to ensure diversity in the IMIA leadership
Contact the Chair of the Nominations & Governance Committee at Nominations@imiaweb.org
- Review the financial statements, books and records
- It shall have the power to employ a certified public accountant
- Develop and Review the Corporation‘s Budget
>Download Committee Essentials Document
>Committee Sign Up Sheets
>Committee Minutes Template
>Template of Action Plan
>IMIA PowerPoint Template
Apply to Join a Committee (IMPORTANT: YOU NEED TO BE LOGGED IN TO CLICK BELOW)
The IMIA relies on its members to advance the profession. We have always been a grassroots organization that believes each person can and should make a difference. Please see the different committees you can join below. Each committee requires a commitment of a monthly one hour meeting and up to an hour of followup between meetings. Meetings are all by phone so you can participate from the comfort of your home. In order to join a committee you need to read the committee essentials document and sign a disclosure form, see links below.
> View Committee Essentials Document (opens in new window)
> View Board/Committee Disclosure Form (opens in new window)